Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Manure Can Strengthen Bonds

Hi, this is Daphne.  I just scooped more manure than I ever could have imagined even existed in the world.  I bet you're wondering why on Earth someone would spend time scooping cow manure.  My answer to you is this: Working together with my peers is always a great way to make our relationships and bonds stronger.  Also, I don't think the heifers and cows would've been able to clean their own pens without our help!

Completing this super hard (and yes, a little disgusting) task with my peers, I felt as though I was being supported and that I was supporting others more than I ever have before.  Some people were scooping the cow manure, while others were wheeling the manure away in wheelbarows to a pile with the rest of the manure.  We helped each other to stay posotive even when the manure loads got heavier.  I personally scooped and wheeled away so much manure I thought I was becoming a cow. Like I said before we strengthened our bonds and relationships by being super supportive of each other.  I hope I will be able to write more about my adventures on the farm, but for now I must go.

8 comments:

  1. It is a good thing you made the cheese before taking the task of cleaning the cow manure and not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys sure are working hard, way to go! Are you still awake : )

      Delete
  2. It's going to be a stinky dorm tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great team spirit! Love to see you all working together to get the job done. I bet the cows are psyched too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You almost made me wish I was there to scoop manure with you! Team work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scooping Manure!! Someone has to do it. Glad it was all of you. Team work! Please bring back a cow or a pig or a goat or yourselves but NO MANURE okay? Can't wait to see you xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the group picture! Boy, lots of teamwork to keep this farm running! SO positive about poop scooping! love it!

    ReplyDelete