Friday, April 17, 2015

Isabella's experience feeding baby Veronica for the first time

Hi everyone, this is Isabella!

Have you ever bottle fed a newborn calf?  Well, on Tuesday this week at the farm, a cow named Victory had her first baby calf, which was later named Veronica.  Boy was she cute!  Silvia and I got a chance to bottle feed her after we took care of another calf named Mercedez.  As we climbed into the pen, we were squealing with delight.  Veronica's fur was very soft and fuzzy.  Her beautiful brown eyes were wide open and she was laying in the grass.  Our guide person lifted her up and I helped to lift her up, too.  We learned that newborn calves might need a little help at first, but they are born being able to stand up pretty quickly so that they can stay safe.  Silvia went first to feed her.  She drank her milk and wobbled a bit.  It was my turn!  I was a bit nervous that I would like, drop her, but I lifted up the bottle and held it tight.  She drank about 1/2 and pint when we were done, but it was quite a sight.  Overall, I was quite amazed with feeding her and boy was she cute.  This experience made me feel really proud and confident all over.  I will never ever forget Veronica.

2 comments:

  1. Taking care of a baby is a big deal! Great job Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete