Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Small Animal Barn

Hi it's Maggie and today my group and I were in the Small Animal Barn where all the baby animals are.  This is a picture of me, Rocky, and Julia the calf.  Julia is the oldest calf in the barn and will be moving to the heifer barn soon.  We had to clean out her cage while she was in the cage and it was hard because she kept biting my boot - and licking it!  The calves weren't the only things we took care of, there were also chicks, pigs, and a goat.  Everyone loved being around the chicks and Rocky and Lauren even gave two of them names.  Rocky named one Mr. Fuzz and Lauren named hers Alfred.  With the pigs, we had to wash out their food bowls (which was kind of disgusting) and put more food in them while they were trying to bite our clothes off.  For Rory the goat, we gave her more water and food.  She likes to put her front legs on a little stone in her cage so she can see what's going on better.  I love being on the farm, but I hope I can see my family soon.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you were able to feed all these animals. What a great trip. You will never forget it. Can't wait to see you all

    ReplyDelete