Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Feeding the Heifers

Hi this is Marcela and I am feeling excited about being in Vermont.  This is a picture of me and my best friend Caitlin feeding the heifer calves.  It was very hard to distract the calves while we were putting the food in their trough.  The calves were eating hay at the front of the barn near where Ms. Jackson took this picture.  Do you know what a heifer is?  A heifer is a cow that has not given birth yet - so it's called a heifer, not a cow.  So far my favorite part about being here is having fun with my friends while taking care of the animals.



2 comments:

  1. you both look like naturals for the farm life! I am so much enjoying seeing all these pictures. Love it! It looks like you are having a great time! Looking forward to seeing all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see all your pictures. Looks like so much fun. See you soon xo

    ReplyDelete